Features and capabilities
Comprehensive and powerful knowledge management
Polly delivers knowledge management for a consistent, omnichannel customer service experience. It features a rich set of reports to empower organizations with insights and solution flexibility for optimal knowledge management.
• Powerful and intelligent knowledge base
• Quickly find relevant Information
• Organize effectively with decision tree logic
• Collaborate for clear, consistent answers
• Insight into what customers want
Findability & guidance
Advanced search with Natural Language Processing (NLP) to quickly find the most relevant information and guided resolutions with consistent answers and dynamic knowledge across channels and flexibility to meet the needs of users, departments and specific business requirements.
The advanced search engine improves content findability and provides a better search experience and productivity than the one-size-fits-all approach of traditional search. Polly’s natural language processing allows effective matching of user queries that are phrased differently than stored content. The search can be fine-tuned to stunning levels of precision and efficiency to help improve the knowledge portal experience. There are many options available to help enhance search functionality.
- Natural language processing
- Typo tolerance
- Keyword based searches and synonyms
- Search learning and auto-suggestions
Organize the knowledge in one or more separate knowledge bases. Multiple organizations, multiple brands or multilingual are no problem for Polly. Set up your knowledge in a way that suits and place articles in one or more collections. The knowledge base content can be organized according to business requirements, i.e. product-driven, symptom-driven or lifecycle-driven etc.
- Content organized by taxonomies
- Taxonomy browse navigation
- Dynamically populated content
- Announcements and custom list
Polly includes decision tree technology that can be used to provide guided interactive help to both consumers and support agents for troubleshooting complex issues. Resolution guidance can play a vital role in providing contact center representatives and end-users with step-by-step guided assistance with complex processes, procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Service wizards via decision trees
- Answer adaptation and continuation
- Auto-answer Q&As via system integration
- Release management
Intuitive, adaptive knowledge management with a centralized knowledge base for all users. Easily collect, author and publish content for agent and customer portals. Knowledge portals provide various access methods to find solutions for customer inquiries on a pre-defined selection of the knowledge base.
Knowledge portals can be tailored and customized according to business requirements. They can have secure (2FA or SSO) authenticated access or non-authenticated access. Each knowledge portal can be invoked as a standalone portal or can be embedded in existing websites or business applications.
- External- and internal-facing knowledge portals
- Contextual- or list widgets
- Portals can be tailored and personalized
- New and recently modified content lists
When customers fail to find the information they are seeking, the escalation feature allows them to raise their request through additional channels. The built-in deflection mechanism ensures unnecessary escalations are avoided. If no matching articles are found, either by the system or by the customer, then the issue will be escalated.
- Deflection prior channel escalation
- Session transcript via web escalations
- Contextual web forms and custom fields
- Related knowledge items
Personalization is a feature designed to tailor content on your knowledge portal to various subsets of your audience. It can be used to give priority users or partners access to internal content or provide simpler and more explicitly detailed information to new users, such as recent hires. It can also be used to create clearer divides between the information available to different teams or departments.
- User-based favorite knowledge items
- Grant user access to multiple internal knowledge portals
- Profiled knowledge content
- Channel-optimized knowledge content
Collaborative authoring with a built-in feedback loop allows agents to rate article information and suggest improvements, ensuring that articles are current, accurate, and relevant.
Content in the knowledge base is created in the form of articles and organized so that they can be easily presented in portals and through widgets. The platform allows for many features to create and design the required knowledge items as displayed in the various knowledge portals for customers and agents.
- Concept and published knowledge items
- Rich media support and WYSIWYG editor
- Content blocks to single source knowledge content
- Knowledge items scheduling
- Versioning and restore to previous versions
- Cloud storage and file gallery
Polly provides support for designing and building the knowledge base in one language and translating the content into one or more additional languages. This reduces complexity and overhead that would otherwise be incurred by authoring the knowledge base in every required language. Polly is language-agnostic and works with all global languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, and Arabic. This means that both left-to-right (LTR) and right-to-left (RTL) scripts are supported.
- User-interface in multiple languages
- Multilingual knowledge base support
- Multi-brand and location support
- Linked knowledge bases and workflows
Authorship and editorial
Administrators and authors can perform only a defined set of actions that are associated with user roles. The permissions to perform allowed actions on specific objects are individually administered for each user group. The content approval process ensures that new or updated content can go through a review stage before it is published and becomes available on knowledge portals.
- User management and user profiles
- Editable permissions
- Content approval workflows
- Collaborative authoring processes
The built-in feedback loops allow agents or customers to rate article information they have viewed and to provide suggestions to improve the content. This is valuable feedback to the administrators and authors of the knowledge base regarding the effectiveness of the information provided within the portal.
- Article rating and feedback
- Suggestions to the authoring team
- Messaging interface between authoring team and agents
- Inbox for editorial tasks and assignment with SLA
Reports & analytics
Rich set of reports and analytics for knowledge management insights. Identify knowledge gaps, opportunities, and contributions. Real-time and interactive knowledge dashboards and scheduled reports.
Reporting and analytics
Good metrics and analytics mean competitive advantages for the entire company. Polly has an analytics section especially for working with reports and dashboards to analyze knowledge base performance statistics and feedback loops. Furthermore, it provides an analytics API to retrieve knowledge base performance data in existing BI solutions and to extract custom data events in case of platform integrations.
- Real-time and interactive knowledge dashboards
- Knowledgebase performance reports
- Ability to create own dashboards or reports
- Analytics API
API & integration
Tailored and personalized knowledge portals integrate into websites or business applications with just two lines of code. Or get started using the Polly APIs for integration and automation. Connect with a centralized user management system to achieve single-sign-on.
Integration and customization
The platform offers various integration and customization methods that make it possible to use it with any programming language or framework. These methods can be used for many purposes, including the integration with mobile apps, modern web applications, and other business applications and programs that access data from the Polly knowledge base.
- Rich APIs for integration and automation
- Webhooks supporting IFTTT framework
- SAML 2.0 Single Sign On (SSO) support
- Data-adapters to retrieve external information
- Search external repositories
- Full KM platform white-label support